“Finding an attorney at an extremely emotional time in your life is often not the first thing on your survival list. Then we find out years later how important a decision that was and how it impacted your life, negatively or positively. I can testify how positive Jack Wiggen’s help has been on my life. I have the comparison of a negative experience and can so appreciate a lawyer who handles the most stressful and complicated of affairs with clarity, professionalism, understanding and adeptness. I continue to be grateful, thankful and share with friends how his involvement in my life has felt like having a champion to represent me.” ~ Bonnie
Jack was named to the 2013 Business North Carolina’s Legal Elite in Family Law and is a graduate of the American Bar Association’s Family Law Trial Advocacy Institute. The institute is the preeminent trial training program for family law practitioners.
In addition to his family law practice, Jack has extensive experience in counseling and advising new business owners; assisting with the formation of partnerships, limited liability companies and corporations; and drafting, negotiating and reviewing lease agreements, employment agreements, contract disputes and non-compete agreements.
Jack is active in the community as a member of the Durham Rotary Club and enjoys coaching strength and conditioning at CrossFit Durham in his spare time.
Jack is a frequent speaker on Divorce and Family Law Issues for community educational events. If you would like Jack to speak at your event, please contact us at (919) 680-0000 for more information.
Jack can assist you with the following issues:
- Child Custody/Support
- Spousal Support/Alimony
- Domestic Violence
- Small Business Counseling
- Residential and Commercial Lease Agreements
- 2013 Business North Carolina Legal Elite – Family Law
- 2013; Family Law; Spotting Issues Inside and Outside of Courtroom; Durham Bar Association
- North Carolina; 2005
- American Bar Association Family Law Trial Advocacy Institute
- University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, N.C.; J.D.; 2005
- Order of the Barristers
- James E. and Carolyn B. Davis Society
- East Carolina University, Greenville, N.C.; B.S.; 2002; magna cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Family Law Section
- Durham County Bar Association
- 14th Judicial District Bar
- Durham Community Land Trustees; Board of Directors; 2010-2012
- Durham Rotary Club; Member
- CrossFit Durham; Coach